Here is how you can check what data of yours has Google gathered:
- Google stores your location (if you have it turned on) every time you turn on your phone, and you can see a timeline from the first day you started using Google on your phone.
- . https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity
- Google stores search history across all your devices on a separate database, so even if you delete your search history and phone history, Google STILL stores everything until you go in and delete everything, and you have to do this on all devices
- Google creates an advertisement profile based on your information, including your location, gender, age, hobbies, career, interests, relationship status, possible weight (need to lose 10lbs in one day?) and income
- Google stores information on every app and extension you use, how often you use them, where you use them, and who you use them to interact with (who do you talk to on Facebook, what countries are you speaking with, what time you go to sleep at).
- https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/search_history …
- Google stores ALL of your YouTube history, so they know whether you’re going to be a parent soon, if you’re a conservative, if you’re a progressive, if you’re Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, if you’re feeling depressed or suicidal, if you’re anorexic…
- Google offers an option to download all of the data it stores about you, I’ve requested to download it and the file is 3.5GB BIG, which is roughly 3 MILLION Word documents
- This link includes your bookmarks, emails, contacts, your Google Drive files, all of the above information, your YouTube videos, the photos you’ve taken on your phone, the businesses you’ve bought from, the products you’ve bought through Google.
- Your calendar, your Google hangout sessions, your location history, the music you listen to, the Google books you’ve purchased, the Google groups you’re in, the websites you’ve created, the phones you’ve owned, the pages you’ve shared, how many steps you walk in a day.
- The search history document, which has 90,000 different entries, even showing the images I downloaded and the websites I accessed
- My Google Calendar broken down, showing all the events I’ve ever added, whether I actually attended them, and what time I attended them at (this part is what I went for an interview for a job, and what time I arrived at)
- Google Drive, which includes files I EXPLICITLY deleted including my resume, my monthly budget, and all the code, files, and websites I’ve ever made.
- It also has all the photos ever taken with my phone, broken down by year, and includes metadata of when and where I took the photos.
- Every e-mail I’ve ever sent, that’s been sent to me, including the ones I deleted or were categorized as spam
- Every Google Ad I’ve ever viewed or clicked on, every app I’ve ever launched or used and when I did it, every website I’ve ever visited and what time I did it at, and every app I’ve ever installed or searched for
- Every image I’ve ever searched for and saved, every location I’ve ever searched for or clicked on, every news article I’ve ever searched for or read, and EVERY SINGLE google search I’ve made since 2009
- And then finally, every YouTube video I’ve ever searched for or viewed, since 2008
This is the kind of data that Google has gathered throughout all of its applications, YouTube, Photos, Google Drive, Google Ads, Chrome etc. Have a look at all the links I have mentioned to check the data which Google has gathered for enabling better and targeted ads for you.
Thanks for dropping by !! Feel free to comment on this post or you can also drop me an email at email@example.com.